The Marina Foundation Founders Scholarship
- Two $1,500 scholarships are awarded annually to qualified seniors attending Marina High School who are planning to attend an accredited school (college, trade, vocational) upon graduation, and is based on verification of school enrollment. Community Service is given extra consideration in awarding these scholarships.
- Friday, April 21, 2023.
Formerly called the Don Livermore Scholarship, this was the first scholarship program authorized by The Marina Foundation. It was originally named after veteran local educator Don Livermore (now retired). It paid tribute to his can-do attitude, community involvement, and dedication to students’ success over his 38-year career. At Don’s request, Steve and Dorothy Emerson, two of the founding members of The Marina Foundation, are credited for the scholarship as well, and the name was changed.
The Marina Foundation Founders Scholarship is funded by TMF’s annual Don’s Bingo Bonanza fundraiser celebration.
Eligibility & Application Requirements:
- Student must have a minimum 3.0 grade point average (GPA) to apply.
Student with a GPA as low as 2.8 can apply if they get a recommendation from a Marina High faculty/staff member.
- Student must be a graduating senior attending Marina High School (MaHS).
- A completed application.
- An official copy of the student’s transcripts showing the GPA.
- At least one letter of recommendation from a faculty or staff member at MaHS.
- A one-page response to the question: “How has what you’ve done so far prepared you to achieve your goals?” Responses should be typewritten and should include a heading that contains the applicant’s name, address, and telephone number.
Community Service will be given extra consideration in awarding these scholarships.
You can apply for five different Marina High School scholarships with this one common application HERE.
Applications are due by Friday, April 21, 2023.
About The Marina Foundation Founders Scholarship for Marina High School
This scholarship, formally the Don Livermore Scholarship for Marina High School, has been renamed The Marina Foundation Founders Scholarship. At the request of Don Livermore, Steve and Dorothy Emerson, two of the Founding Members and Benefactors of The Marina Foundation are now listed. Don thought it important to have them included as this was the first scholarship for the Foundation.
About Donald R. Livermore
Don Livermore was a Monterey Peninsula Unified School District (MPUSD) educator for 38 years, spending the majority of those years in Marina. He taught all grades K-6, was a Library Media Specialist K-8, and was the first administrator to open the new, highly anticipated Marina High School.
Upon retirement, his friends and the Marina Community set up a scholarship in his name for graduating students from Marina High School. The Don Livermore Scholarship for Marina High School was the first program to be authorized by The Marina Foundation more than 6 years ago. The Foundation serves the Marina community in a variety of ways, through scholarships, community projects, and nutrition programs, to name a few.
Don’s positive can do attitude, dedication to the success of his students, and community involvement are the foundation for these scholarships. With these characteristics in mind, The Marina Foundation takes great pleasure in awarding two $1,500 Don Livermore Scholarships to Marina High School graduating seniors.